The proportion in which the esthetics market is growing is absolutely surprising. Included in this segment, is the increase of the factors which are specifically designed for the care of black skin. Do you know the main skincare measures that the people with black skin require?
Before describing the skincare itself, let us define the main characteristics of black skin:
It is a phototype which suffers the aggressiveness of aging more slowly, becasue it presents a high degree of melanin, which is produced in the melanocytes (basal layer of the epidermis), that is, it is the substance responsible for skin pigmentation and skin tone, and also works as a natural sunscreen. Compared to the white skin, consequently, it presents a much better differential and a more resistant barrier against ultraviolet rays: UVA (which originates photoaging) and UVB (which originates tanning, spots and the most dangerous, skin cancer). In addition, this phototype produces collagen, which is a fundamental protein for skin firmness and elasticity in higher quantities, delaying ageing and the appearance of wrinkles.
On the other hand, black skin is more susceptible to the appearance of spots and also presents a higher index of sebaceous glands, which are responsible for the acceleration of sebaceous secretion and resulting in the appearance of acne, comedones, oiliness, pores or even keloid-type scars, and increase in the rate of scaling.
Although black skin ages more slowly, it is important to observe that people with this phototype adopt some skincare habits after 30 years of age, and take advantage of the growing offer in the beauty and esthetics market. Get to know more about the main recommendations of these esthetic treatments:
- Radiofrequency (Hooke®): indicated for facial and body rejuvenation and skin tightening, flaccidity treatment, improvement in the appearance of acne and stretch mark scars, and reduction of cellulite and localized fat;
- Crystal peeling (Dermotonus Esthetic) and Diamond peeling (Dermotonus Esthetic® ou Dermotonus Slim®): indicated for photorejuvenation, hyperkeratosis, reduction of expression lines, pigmentary disorders, scars, dilated ostia and stretch marks;
- Carboxytherapy (Ares®): recommended for all skin types, which promotes improvement in blood circulation and oxygenation of tissues, stimulating the formation of collagen and new elastic fibers. It is a therapeutic mode indicated in the treatment of cellulite, stretch marks, skin flaccidity, localized fat, scars, eye circles, alopecy, rejuvenation, wrinkles and expression lines;
- High power ultrasound (Heccus Turbo®): therapy designed for the improvement in plastic surgery or repair surgery post-operative healing and in the quality and firmness of skin, and also for the treatment of localized fat, cellulitis and hydrolipoclasia;
- Focused Lipocavitation (Sonofocus®): with the objective of reducing localized fat and body measurements.
In addition to these treatments, the daily use of sunscreen to protect the skin against sunlight damages and combat whitish skin spots. It is also recommended to exfoliate once a week, to eliminate the excess of corneum stratum, to facilitate the permeation of the actives present in cosmetics.
If you are searching for an esthetic treatment, it is advisable to consult a Certified physician to evaluate the conditions of your skin previously to the treatment. if you are a health and wellness professional and wishes to know more about our electromedical devices, get in touch with the retailer near you: https://goo.gl/VxTyyi